After really looking into what it is about film and animation that I find inspiring, I created another few mindmaps with different ideas coming out this time.
With blockbuster feature animations of recent years I feel that it is the relationship between characters that really draws me into the story and helps me to empathise. However looking into more stylistic animation, mainly shorts, I discovered these were less focused on character and more on creating a mood and pushing the narrative with film-making techniques such as production design and cinematography.
These were areas that kept coming up in my mind-mapping and especially the film-making topics, so I have decided to look into the main areas that interest me including production design, genre and cinematography in animation and try to find a more refined area to base my aim on. But also since I am interested in going into character animation, I would LIKE to be able to somehow incorporate character design and performance into my project, even if it is just for the practical work and not part of my research.
So basically I've narrowed it down to, oh, almost EVERYTHING to do with animation production!!! D: Well, it's a start...


No comments:
Post a Comment