Sunday, 23 October 2011

Some children's books to animation

Forgot, was looking at some adaptations of illustrations to animation - these are just a few interesting ones I came across that are all quite different. I'm also aware that they're all adapted from children's books but I'm still undecided if this is where I want to focus so need to source out some more ideas!



 How to Train Your Dragon



 Lost and Found


Iron Man / Giant

All of these transform the 2D character to 3D (although Iron Giant is mainly 2D animation other than the giant himself) and Lost and Found probably stays closest to the original visuals in the book. Need to look for some examples of 2D animation but thought these comparisons would help highlight how the visuals are often updated to fit with current methods and popular styles. If I am looking into sensitive adaptation, I will probably concentrate more closely on keeping the animation drawings as close to the original concept as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment